Monday, January 30, 2006


Rivers & Floods: I heard a great description of leadership over the past weekend which continues to soak my mind with the need for some change. The basic concept implies that many people are floods. Their lives are not channeled in one direction and purpose (like a river) but just heap up like a flood that has no real direction. My life is certainly in a flood stage right now. I'm distracted with personal financial issues, thoughts of future career and education, the current demands and expectations on my time and work, along with a gnawing absence of authentic community and relationships for our family. For purposes of ministry, family health, and personal peace...I need to channel my energy and focus in a specific Spirit-initiated direction. For various reasons, I have been unable to focus and forge ahead emotionally and spiritually. Let's just drive a stake in the ground, heap up a pile of stones and mark this point in the journey as a landmark of new beginnings. A life that floods its boundaries and moves in every possible direction causes damage in many ways. A river is useful...a resource for those around it...a means of getting from one place to another. That sounds a little more like it to me. It's been awhile since I've had a moment of clarity like this.

2 comments:

=)Bnpositive said...

Hang in their brother! You're always in our prayers.

James said...

Be the river Chris. Be... The... River.