Saturday, January 14, 2006

Distractions

So I just shared a message/talk with a bunch of teenagers in Pennsylvania urging them to live a "one thing" life...free of distractions. That's obviously wishful thinking for any of us, but I find myself in that situation again...with a desire to cut out distractions and surplus activity in exchange for margin, peace, rest, community, focus, etc. It took me all of about 2 months to fall into the same grinding routine which characterized life and ministry pre-Starbucks. Will I have to return to my barista calling to put things back into order?!

As for my health and fitness efforts...I've done great on the workout/exercise routine. It's the 6 smaller meals a day I'm struggling with. I have no problem eating 6 times a day, but it's the 'smaller' part that's giving me fits. Overall though, I've certainly been eating a much better selection of healthy foods and my energy level, attitude, and morale is all quite high. One week down and eleven to go.

1 comment:

Jason said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.