Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Daddy Daughter Distress

For the past couple of weeks, we've really been nervous about this whole move and transition from the angle of my daughter starting 1st grade at a completely new and public school. Well...the four of us walked into her new school this morning (at 7:30am!!) and only three walked out. Actually...my youngest was on my shoulders and pretty sleepy/grumpy so she didn't do much walking. But we left daughter number one in a class full of strangers with a strange teacher, a strange teacher's aid, and hundreds of other strangers in the building as well.

So I came home from work early to check in with the family and get a first-hand report on the experience.

Are
you
wondering
how
it
went?

Are
you
anticipating
the
rest
of
this story??

Well...she loved it! Even the food was good...so daddy's (my) distress has been mostly resolved.
Soon I'll be taking her to her first dance and then paying for a prom dress! I'm going to need some counseling soon.

Chris

No comments: