Friday, September 09, 2005

BLOG Balance

I think I will try to create another blog or two so I can keep a certain focus here. I'm tempted to start blogging about things which pertain more to youth ministry or that connect with the students I'll be sharing life with. But I actually want to keep this blog focused more on the personal journey...the inward and upward journeys.

To my surprise, this blog has launched or re-launched many old friendships and relationships. That has been very meaningful to me. I hope to continue those conversations and start many more in the days ahead.

But balance has always been a problem for me. And being back in a fairly traditional context of ministry adds many demands and expectations. The key for me is to hold steady on my non negotiable values of life and ministry. Regardless of job security, people-pleasing, or performance issues...I have to keep my eyes on those compass points. Have any of you stumbled across some significant strategies for maintaining balance in ministry...or life in general?? (it can be just as hard or harder outside of ministry I learned)

No comments: