Saturday, March 25, 2006

Personal Relationship with a Communal God

One of the blogs I've been frequenting lately is connected with Leadership journal and you can check it out here. It's called "Out of Ur" and some of the recent posts have been captioned "Pimping Jesus..." The article from yesterday(or today...if it was posted from Manila) struck a chord with me because of the challenges I have faced recently with trusting God. Have we over-americanized God into some kind of self-help buddy who needs to aid us in our continual efforts to remove tension, conflict, and suffering from our lives?

I certainly agree that our relationship and intimacy with God has a personal component but I think that has been the very thing which led me for many years towards my current crisis. Had I been cultivating more authentic and accountable relationships, through whom I may have received greater guidance, counsel, and care...perhaps I would now be more attuned to the kind of wisdom the Spirit is guiding...with less need for the process of being broken.

No comments: