Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Tuesday's Tirade

Actually, I don't have a long protracted speech with censorious language...but the phrase sounded pretty good, don't you think?

My "tirade" for today would simply be for Christians to carefully represent Christ! One of the most unfortunate things I have learned while in the coffeeshop environment is that people have no shortage of personal experiences with Christians who have poorly portrayed Christ. Now none of us are perfect...that's not what I'm getting at. But for heaven's sake (literally), count the cost and represent!

I'm reading a couple of George Hunter books right now: Celtic Way of Evangelism and Radical Outreach. I finshed the first and am about half-way thru the second. Good stuff. Although...I heard him in person recently and he didn't speak very highly of the emergent church stuff. I think it was either out of innocent ignorance or fear of "missing" something which might impact his consulting career. I don't know?! But it has caused me to read him with a bit of caution. That said...his books are still good reads.

Well, I am getting hungry! How 'bout a Bavarian Cream Danish?!
(Just kidding)

No comments: