Saturday, February 26, 2005

Saturday’s Soliloquy

Soliloqy:
1 : the act of talking to oneself
2 : a dramatic monologue that gives the illusion of being a series of unspoken reflections

These definitions fit my blog purpose perfectly today.

I rose quite early today (5:00 a.m.) with several hours before my first scheduled moment. So I showered and made myself presentable before taking a seat in my magic wardrobe. It feels like that sometimes...like I’m pushing past the coats and closet clutter towards a magic wood...like Lucy in the Chronicles of Narnia. And somedays I walk in only to encounter walls, limits, and unimaginative moments. Other times I push through and find myself walking into a different place...a place of mystery, majesty, and more!

That’s what happened today...and I sat in the early morning silence. Centering my thoughts on Christ.

I am eager for the sound of crickets again...eager for the landscape to be resurrected by the Spirit of Spring. I want to get on my bike and ride fifty miles with the wind on my face and the sun on my back. I want to roll on the soft grassy earth with my two little girls. I’m ready to venture back across the lake with Jess in search of the blue herons. Just a few more weary days and then...

1 comment:

Stetlers said...

let's waste no time... a bike trip bro