Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day


I know my mom frequents this url address...but not sure how often. As I was thinking of how much of a blessing my mom has been to me throughout my life...I was reminded of Proberbs 31.

Then that reminded me of my grandmother's funeral (Myrtle Mounts) which reminded me again of the idea of legacy. Her funeral did more to spark that thought in me...and the resulting desire to live my life with the end in mind...than any amount of reflection before or since.

Anyway, I read Proverbs 31 in honor of "Meema" and in honor of my own mother (as well as my wife)...and they all three are described in part by the wise words of that text.

Thanks Mom! For the spiritual legacy you've been building into my life for 36 years now.

Have a blessed day & week...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chris,
I apologize for my delinquency in reading your blog. Today is a "catch-up" time, so I've read numerous entries - both yours and posted comments.

Needless to say, my eyes filled with love drops that coursed down my cheeks. "Thank you" hardly conveys my appreciation for your words and any comparison to Solomon's definition of the virtuous woman. I do know the example we had in Meema was the closest fit humanly possible, and we share gratitude for her life.

My heart follows you daily, and my testimony is recorded: "Nothing could make me happier than getting reports that my children continue diligently in the way of Truth!" (3 John 4).

I love you more than you'll ever know.

Mom