Tuesday, May 08, 2007

First Reds Game

I had the distinct privilege of introducing my 7-year old daughter to the world of major league baseball last night. It was her first time (and my first trip) to the new Reds stadium here in Cincinnati. The weather was perfect and it was a major league blast for both of us. A friend in our church gave us some great tickets. We were right behind the right-field ball boy within earshot of Ken Griffey, Jr. Unfortunately (but perhaps not surprisingly), it was a defeat against the Astros...but the Reds nearly staged a comeback in the last inning.

Although I'm sure there are better teams to route for this season, it's fun to be part of a tradition and locale like Cincinnati and to share moments like this with my girls. On the way home Jess stated matter-of-factly "This has been one of the greatest days of my life!"

Good times!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We'll be heading down there Father's Day weekend for some game day action. Should we look into getting some tickets together?