Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Cycling Sycophant

Cycling: the act of riding a cycle..i.e. bicycle

Sycophant: a servile self-seeking flatterer (synonym: parasite)

I think the connotation of 'sycophant' is rather negative, so I don't think it's an accurate representation of me personally...but the phrase came to mind and sounded cool in my head.

But I am all about the bike today. Just dropped it off next door at BikeSource with my buddy Kurt who is going to replace my damaged spoke and get me ready for a 40 or 50 mile ride today. I've only been on the bike once since RAIN (ride across Indiana) where I broke the spoke originally. Then while I was near Canton speaking at their youth camp, I rode into Alliance, OH and broke what I think to be the same spoke. It's not the actual spoke which is breaking...but the piece which connects it to the wheel. I'm trying to avoid replacing the whole wheel.

During this spiritual 'stage ride' of ministry transition...some time on the bike is good medicine. Just my face against the wind...and my legs against the lactic acid! And hopefully God will speak as I put my trust in another spoke.

No comments: