Saturday, August 06, 2005

The BLOG of Life

Certainly I don't want to exalt blogging to some form of divinely inspired newly dispensed canon of Scripture, but...after catching up on some blogs out there and connecting with some new ones...I AM inspired. The Spirit is stirring in many ways and many locations. And so many are taking the exit ramp off of mainstream bankrupt Christianity and finding some healthy detours up the Mountain of God! It's a tough climb but the view is getting more incredible each day.

Something disturbed me though as my browser collided with a blog of ministry despair. Some ex-youth pastors were lamenting the woes of previous ministries and celebrating their freedom from the politics and pretense of church. While I know exactly what they've been through (after 10 years of youth ministry) I have this sense of sadness. Maybe it's because after a year away from all that craphole context of ministry...I'm going back. I fear that I may be unable to sustain this emergent postmodern approach (whatever you want to call it) to following Jesus.

But what I really fear is a world of youth pastors and young church leaders who will walk away from church without the willingness to sacrifice their lives on the front lines of a revolution. I don't want to die anymore than the next schmuck...but who's going to keep this culturally irrelevant brand of Christianity from being passed to another generation?!

No comments: