Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Birthday Blitz

My daughter Jessica just turned 6. She'll be in 1st grade in just a few weeks. Unfathomable!!

Anyway...we've stretched out the birthday celebration for a little over a week celebrating with various circles of friends and family. It has been alot of fun...much more fun than any birthdays I remember as a kid. Makes me wonder if we're spoiling our girls?! They certainly have too much STUFF! I know we're not teaching them live counter-culturally when it comes to material possessions. Of course, that has to be modeled from the top down, right?

As far as the celebrating goes however...I definitely don't mind erring on the side of emotional indulgence. I guess we'll find out how we did in about twenty years...when she is or is not in need of counseling.

But...what a blessing...these beautiful daughters of mine! I better get back home to read books with them...

No comments: