Friday, January 11, 2008

"FREE" Is a Matter of Perspective

I recently got suckered in to sharing some information in order to win a couple of free iPods. In the past week, I've had AT LEAST a dozen unsolicited phone calls for various offers etc along with loads of spam in the email in box. By the time I realized what a hoax the offer was, I had already given my information.

In our current culture of information and technology...the access to one's time, email, phone, and online space is often for sale. Although I wouldn't mind having a couple of extra nano's to give away or sell on ebay...the cost of informational encroachment was too high. Here's the most recent "FREE" offer I received...and I've gotten many of these from friends, family, etc. But again...this little mp3 file will not actually be free. It comes with a price tag of an untold amount of annoying emails and other solicitation. What if their music sucks?! Was it worth it? I don't think so.

No comments: