Tuesday, May 10, 2005

A Vicious Cycle Experience

I am still recovering from my first TOSRV. That's an abbreviation for the annual cycling event which follows the Scioto river from Columbus to Portsmouth. I left Saturday morning with about 3,000 other cyclists and arrived in Portsmouth a rainy ten hours later! (the sun did shine for the middle forty miles...but the start and finish was wet and cool)

Half way into the ride I was already cramping up on Saturday, but somehow I recovered overnight and thoroughly enjoyed the return trip on Sunday. It was an interesting experience to be part of the cycling culture. There were actually some interesting lessons on community and endurance which I'll be injecting into the next few posts I'm sure.

But after 210 miles of riding in two days...my legs are still quivering and my seat is super sore!

2 comments:

Mr. Bill said...

Makes my crotch hurt just thinking about it.

Anonymous said...

What did you think of my home town? There is nothing quite like the big P-town