Thursday, May 19, 2005

Near-Death Experience

While studying and working on a paper for ten hours straight today...in a library that smells like stale fish for some reason...I had a near-death experience.

As I collapsed onto a table loaded with commentaries, bibles, and socio-rhetorical studies of the first century Graeco-Roman world...I saw a bright light. As I got closer and closer to the light I realized that my mind had been separated from my body and then I heard a deep voice. It was quiet at first but kept getting louder...

"Chris..."

"Chris..."

"Hey, Bean!"


Then I realized the terrible nature of my dilemma...I had fallen asleep and a buddy was bringing the ugly truth to everyone's attention by calling my name from across the room!

Two more weeks and I'm free!!
Free to sleep in....
Free to play X-box...
Free to go kayaking with my patient little princess, Jessica!

Can't wait!

2 comments:

SonSon said...

LOL, with friends like that....

Mr. Bill said...

Tragically funny. Almost done!