Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A Great Valentine's Evening

In the midst of an emotionally and physically hectic week, an evening reprieve with my bride of eleven years was a wonderfully romantic distraction. A leisurely meal together, a stroll through the mall, and a cinematic date with Harrison Ford's latest was the perfect combination. Of course, Ford's flick was predictable...I don't know when people are going to learn not to mess with Indiana Jones!? But we had some great conversation and it was good to leave the kids with the folks (thanks mom & dad!) and be alone together. That's right...I said "alone together." You know what I mean.

Unfortunately, the frequent byproduct of leisurely conversation and time together often supplies me with too much room for analysis and evaluation of life. For the marriage partner who loathes change and the insecurity of raising big questions...these kinds of conversations can put a damper on an otherwise delightful date. So although I'd scored a few points on presence, I probably lost a few on content. The level of difficulty of my routine was impressive though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get r done. It was weird for me to walk into the office wednesday morning and look around at who was there. You just knew what the previous evening held, or should have held for those married couples. Dursty