Monday, October 30, 2006

An After Photo

(I won't show you my 'before' photo since that would just look like I'm going to sell you some magic juice and a book) I think when I get certified as a fitness trainer, I'll automatically morph into this guy. That'll be sweet. Actually, looking at this hardbody reminds me that there's a dangerous vanity trap in this fitness endeavor/kick that I'm on. But I don't think I'll have to worry about EVER looking this ripped. I'll just be glad to fit into the 32" jeans I just bought to motivate me towards that goal by Thankgiving.

So for those who have been following my blog lately, this seems to be completely off the subject and random. But I actually have an interview with a gym owner in downtown Cincinnati this coming Tuesday. We have a mutual friend at Starbucks who gave me the lead. I also just scheduled my exam now that I have the CPR thing out of the way. I take a 3-hour computer-based exam on Tuesday Nov 21st at 9am. That gives me just over 3 weeks to absorb a gigantic fitness text and memorize every muscle in the body and how to train it...at least 3 different ways!

Back to the church dilemma, Deb and the girls had a rough night and slept in this morning so I took advantage of the opportunity to attend at St. E's again in Norwood. Something just really clicks when I'm there and I can't even articulate what it is. And interestingly, I was noticing today how diverse this group of people is. From socio-economics to politics...it's really not what I would call a homogenous group of people...much like the groups you find at the traditional churches we've been a part of in the past.

I sure appreciate all the great comments folks have been leaving on my blog here. Keep it coming! The words of wisdom, advice, suggestions, cautions, rebukes, etc...are all good to hear.

No comments: