Saturday, October 28, 2006

Gracious Comments

As I opened up my hotmailbox tonight, I had this nervous anxiety over what I might read. As I read over comments from James, Brandon, and Jason, I was reminded of what gracious and Godly friends I have. Thanks to each of you for the good insights (except for the Caribou reference!) and ways in which you help me re-examine and re-direct my often irrational knee-jerk blog'bursts.

(Just kidding Jason...I can even respect your affection for Caribou. Half of their employees in Columbus were prior Starbucks partners I think! I just hosted a coffee seminar at Starbucks today for about a dozen java lovers and it's really bizarre how much I love to explore, taste, and share coffee with others. Regardless of what kind of coffee it is and where it's grown...there's such a great story behind each coffee bean, the hands that harvested it, and the final fortunate recipient of the brew. I'm sure there's a spiritual analogy here, but I'm fighting the urge to spiritualize everything.)

To James, I'd just like to say blessings on the exploration ahead and the redefining of your role in the tribe, denomination, and community. I celebrate alongside you guys over the path your family is now traveling. Wish I could join you to hear JW.

To Brandon...let's definitely get together soon. We're looking at the Norwood area as a potential place to put down some new roots. One of the reasons would be proximity to Xavier and a chance to do some studying there. I completely respect all that you're saying about staying, learning, and working through the issues of church where the "grind" definitely adds more flavor to the cup from which you're drinking.

To Jason...thanks for clashing the iron together for me and revealing a blind spot in my critique. I definitely don't think two wrongs make a right...but your point is well taken. I'd like to think we would personally be much more generous with our abundance than we have in the past. Of course, it may be awhile before we know "abundance" again. Starbucks doesn't pay me HALF of what BCN did!

To the rest of you...Shalom!

May the peace of Christ be with you

No comments: