Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Speaking of Well-fed...

I had two great meetings and conversations today along with some good food. The encounters proved to be very refreshing even though they both left me with an urgent longing for some more clarity.

This evening's conversation was with an old college buddy most of us know as "Mossy." (Sorry, Jason...by "old" I was just referring to those good "old" days!) Our youth ministry paths crossed many times between the college days and now...but it's been awhile since we shared a meal and life together. My lunch was with a new friend who has had some similar experiences in life and ministry. His journey has brought him to a newstart here in Cincinnati where he's trying to pick up the reigns and lead this young congregation towards being a missional and relational church. It's a group/congregation which we've been visiting and with whom we're considering to be a part of. Today's conversation certainly opened that door a bit wider.

Sharing some deep honest hopes and hurts felt like the embrace of God today. I guess He doesn't hold a grudge like me.

1 comment:

BT said...

Jason Mossman???? I love that guy!