Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Not Eating More Chikin in Columbus

Well, my quest for 52 more free combo meal coupons from Chick-fil-A will have to wait. I must have gotten my information from an old website. Thinking the grand opening of the Grove City Chick-fil-A was tomorrow morning, I drove to Columbus and found the building still under construction. It won't be opening until Dec 14th...the same day the one in Carmel, IN opens. Dang it...I was hoping to go to both of those openings.

Some think I'm a bit obsessed with the Atlanta-based purveyor of chicken...but I'm saving a ton of $ eating there as well as keeping my nutritional goals on track. By exchanging the fruit cup for fries and eating the chargrilled version...and drinking unsweetened tea with Splenda...I'm only getting about 300 calories and 3g of fat!!

Speaking of calories...I've been burning lots of them. For the first time in many many years...I'm about to drop back into the 180's as I weighed in at 191 the other day. I have a pair of 32w x 32L jeans hanging on the bathroom door which I hope to fit into by Thanksgiving. (I've been between 36's & 38's for the past few years) I know...I sound like a girl obsessed with fitting into that bridal gown or something! But the "bottom" line is about being fit and healthy. The body/mind/soul connection is undeniable. And I think the increased physical discipline, the balancing out of my body weight, and the stress relieving effect of exercise are just some of the reasons I'm turning a corner emotionally and spiritually as well.

My new role as an assistant manager with Starbucks begins on Monday. That will greatly enhance the paycheck and give me more administrative responsibility in the store...which is very good. I stopped by a training studio/gym this afternoon to drop off a resume. It's run by one of the guys who I interview with a couple of weeks ago for a personal trainer position. Because I'm brand new to the industry, it's going to take some time for me to earn some clientele, but the guy was very supportive and excited about my potential to learn and excel in the "biz." So I can actually start spending some time with him and his team to learn the trade and shadow some of the veteran trainers. Very cool opportunity. I take the gigantic certification exam one week from today. I'm still trying to memorize all the muscles and how to train them, stretch them, and hypertrophize them!

No comments: