Friday, March 02, 2007

Fruit & Vegetables

Out of Ur has an interesting article and some quotes from Phil Vischer, the creator of Veggie Tales. I didn't realize the guys with Big Ideas had gone through a Big Bankruptcy. Why do we have to go through such difficult circumstances to learn what's really important?

Here, Phil talks a little about succes:

What is your understanding of success now?

Now I understand God has a unique journey for each of us with unique
measures of success. Now I ask myself, have I done what God has asked me to do?
Am I walking with him daily? Success has very little to do with where I end up.
I don’t know exactly why, but we seem wired to look for numerical results for
affirmation. But success in ministry cannot be about measurable impact
.


Wow...those words are succinct, aren't they? "Success has very little to do with where I end up." Reminds me of the successories image with the caption "Success is the journey not a destination."

No comments: