Saturday, September 09, 2006

Pain, Gain, and Being Vain


Pain is my new best friend....because in terms of muscle development and fitness pain does indeed = gain.

Here's my new "Fourth Place." (Because I work in my "Third Place.")

I know, it looks like your typical meat locker of a place to work out...but it's my best option while we're in this part of town. And I'm sure many of you realize the unquestionable connection between physical health/discipline and spiritual health/disciplines.

Anyway, I've been to the gym 7 of the last 8 days and am determined that a part of this whole life transition is going to include some health & fitness goals. It's ridiculous how long I've talked about getting into shape...losing some weight...and improving my overall health and energy level. I used to say that I'll be in top physical conditioning and health by the time I'm 30. Well, that was over five years ago! So now I've got less than 5 years to develop the kind of habits which will lead to some great health and physical wholeness for the second half of my life (assuming I don't get hit by a semi while I'm cycling or something).

It may also lead to some additional income within 3 to 6 months as well since I'm pursuing an ACE certification to become a personal trainer. Interesting how much spare time I have now with a normal 40 (or less) hour work week!

P.S. Let's hear it for Zoomtown!!! Cincinnati Bell's DSL service...we are now online and zooming for $20/month and saving lots on the old cable/internet bill (of course, I just spent all that savings on the gym membership, but still...!)

1 comment:

Chris said...

Thanks Pappa Durst! At 12 hours/week in the gym...I'm still a good ways under my previous workload...but my abs hurt more now.