Thursday, September 14, 2006

A Good First Date

It felt like a first date in some ways...this past Tuesday evening visit to a buddy's house church gathering. I guess because I have this weird "I hope it works out" feeling about the whole thing.

I thoroughly enjoyed the informal time of sharing a meal and then talking/praying together. Deb was not able to be there with me...so I feel like our attempt to be on the same page in this journey just isn't working out very well.

But the fellowship, conversations, and atmostphere were all exactly what I was hoping for. Careful I must be (hear Yoda's voice narrating my story) not to be prematurely predisposed to putting down some roots in that community and area of Cincinnati.

Well, Starbucks got the best of me today...I am beat and should be in bed already. I have to get up early for a workout and then be back at the cafe by 10am. Blessings....

1 comment:

teaii said...

resist not, my young padawan. roots deep here do run. accepted you will be. deb here will grow to love. come join the dark....er, VC side... ;)

scared away glad you were not. stop writing like this i cannot. weekend yours goes well i hope. soon to talk.
Æ