Monday, June 26, 2006

World Cup Action


I've never watched an entire soccer match in my life! Suddenly I'm tuning into at least one match per day or setting my DVR to catch the action so I can speed-view it later. (I love DVR by the way...what an efficient way to watch TV)

It's pretty amazing what these guys can do with a soccer ball! As I was watching the Argentina-Mexico encounter of round 2, this Argentinian made an amazing goal. One of his teammates sent him a long pass...he caught it with his torso and settled it just enough to drop it in position and kick a goal before the ball ever touched the ground. It reminded me of the Tiger Woods trick where he's bouncing the ball on his wedge and then swings and connects with the ball as it drops.

It was, of course, disappointing to see USA's inability to really get into any kind of rhythmn...I think it's time for a new coach.

Since soccer was not even offered when I was a kid in school, I just never really appreciated the game until now.

1 comment:

=)Bnpositive said...

Cool, just read your post and am watching highlights on Sportscenter. The play you're talking about was #1 for the week. Right there with you with soccer, of course I am we're brothers and grew up together so we were obviously deprived of soccer together.