Sunday, June 25, 2006

Extreme Decisions

I just have this feeling that some extreme decisions are in our near future...like this extreme decision of a family in Seattle (read about it here). As I think more about social justice, stewardship of our environment, personal economics, and other issues that greatly affect community and neighbor (global or next-door), I am determined to pursue a lifestyle of authenticity and conviction. We have so few moral and biblical convictions in our culture and society. It just makes me want to take a stand...even if it's just for not using so many disposable paper products or lowering our contribution to global warming (which I actually believe is a real problem for the first time in my life).

There are some other extreme decisions which I'll have to post-pone any posts for now...but mega props to the Durning family for making such a radical change of lifestyle for a mostly-good cause (perhaps they wouldn't have made the decision if the 19-year old had not totalled the family car).

I am so curious right now about some of these kinds of decisions which if embraced by a critical mass of people would have huge economic and sustainability effects on families and cultures around the world (like buying fair-trade, eating organic foods, lowering one's indebtedness, etc).

No comments: