Thursday, December 11, 2008

How to Journey with your Spouse


For a new post regarding the Emergent thing and the question of authority, I will take another day or two to read and prepare.

In the meantime, I am curious about how the rest of you have navigated these grand questions and transitions within the context of your marriages or other close relationships (for those enjoying the gift of celibacy at the moment).

Perhaps the mistake I have made over the past few years has been NOT to invite Deb along for many of the conversations, experiences, and relationships which have been such a rich part of my journey. But I think Deb would be the first to admit that many of these conversations have not piqued her interest enough to assert herself in that direction.

But we now find ourselves at a crossroads of such which has significant repercussions for our marriage and our whole family. It's no longer just some little peripheral conversation in which I occasionally engage. So as we discussed this topic (post-Great Emergence conference) I suggested that we engage in a book together which will provide a frame of reference for her to engage the conversation a little more fully.

Any recommendations as to the particular book or books we should read together? (From those who have tried this approach)

No comments: