Friday, August 08, 2008

Interesting Images


I came across these two images as I was surfing one of my Treehugger RSS feeds.

This little guy has collected so much pollen he's packing onto every little millimeter.

The next image is curious because of the cohesive properties of the water. Something is keeping the tiny droplets (surface tension maybe) from consolidating.

The caption over the image to the right was "I Think I've Got Something In My Eye!"

Yeah, looking through water can often distort vision. Many times I've been diving for objects with my girls at the pool and often depend on colors and shapes to guide my eyes to the object because the water and chemicals blur the vision and burn the eyes.

This brings me to my ever-popular blog topic of clarity. I find myself transitioning from a fairly happy-go-lucky "life is good" phase to a more contemplative and confusing "life is vague" phase.

I just shared with a Facebook friend last night that I seem to be in a state of static...a time of life that exists between dreams...it's not so bad that you try to wake yourself...but it's not so good that you WILL the dream forward either.

1 comment:

Sam said...

'I find myself transitioning from a fairly happy-go-lucky "life is good" phase to a more contemplative and confusing "life is vague" phase.'

How true. This 30-something stage in life is so strange because it seems to take a seemingly OK life, put a lid on it, shake it violently, pour out the contents, and then prod us to try and stand up. (Kinda sounds like those McDonalds shake-em salads they had on TV a while back.) The only thing that comes from that experience is disorientation. Help, God. Thanks for the post.

Found your blog through a link from Paul Dazet. Got a year in mind for the AT? I'm hitting the trail in '11 or '12. Also have some friends planning the Minne to Gulf kayak trip in a few years. Caarraaazy stuff.