Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Loving the Beans


I just enjoy everything about coffee. The flavor. The aroma. The ambience. The story behind the bean.


And I think that story is one of the things that makes coffee such great tool for thinking missionally...globally...sustainably...responsibly.




Recently, I've been researching some of the non-profit cafes around the country who are providing a combined experience of coffee, community, music, art, culture, and in some cases...Christ.

This is a great one I'd love to visit in Seattle...the Qcafe...affiliated with Quest Church in Seattle.

Eugene Cho is the pastor of Quest Church there and has a great blog I've been reading lately too. You can check that out here. We've been playing phone tag like crazy too as I've been trying to talk to him about the cafe and how the dream/space developed.

One of the challenges I'm facing in life & ministry right now is determining what the greatest passion of my life is? What is the "sweet spot" of God's call on my life and what kind of adjustments would it take to get there? Sacrifice? Comfort? Risk?

No comments: