Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Weekly Post


Apparently I'm going through a post-a-week phase of blogging. There's certainly not a lack of material or experiences to share here...just a lack of time.

Many of you will sense an urge to hold me accountable and remind me of my need for "margin." I will humbly and enthusiastically accept those comments!

We've had some real fun family moments lately. Here's a couple of pictures we took recently when we were trying to get a good family pic to someone. We actually had a lot of fun doing this and I'd encourage all you mom's and dad's out there to give this a whirl. Get everyone cleaned up, get out the camera, and just start taking pictures...having fun, being created, making silly faces!



We also had the opportunity (thanks to some of our best friends in Columbus!) to go to Kings Island last weekend let the girls experience the joys of Scooby Doo, water slides, and those marvelous swings. Interesting that one of the simplest concepts for a ride still provides one of the best wind-in-the-face amusement park experiences.

Perhaps one of the most entertaining moments for me personally, however, was watching a girl on this scrambler-type ride pop like a ripe tomato right before the ride started. The employee was running from "car" to "car" giving each pair of riders a head start on the spinning before the ride even started. Well this girl (probably 12-13 yrs old) must have just eaten a large Funnel Cake and a Mountain Dew from the looks of what came spewing out! The poor girls in the car with her started screaming "I want off...I want off." I know I shouldn't be entertained by someone else's misfortune...but it was rather comical to watch (from a distance). Then some of the young ladies waiting in line for the ride starting hopping the rails with their hands over their mouths trying not to do likewise.

Well, since I've ruined the mood for sharing anything of real import...I'll sign off until next week.

No comments: