Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A River Runs Through It


Rivers and water seem to be the thread running through most of my pursuits of late.

This past Sunday afternoon and evening, I waded up and down a section of the East Fork river tailwaters as they flow out of the East Fork Lake. I was accompanied by my newfound fly-fishing mentor, Bob. Bob has been a friend and fellow coffee connoisseur acquaintance from Starbucks in Eastgate for about a year now.

Spending about 7 or 8 hours with the guy caused me to soak in a good bit of information. From the feeding habits of small-mouth bass to the anvil-headed formation of a puffed up cumulus cloud...I'm venturing into the unknown realm of actually being able to catch fish!

Combined with my love for paddling down the river...the ability to flick a little nymph into the habitat of small-mouth or rock bass is just icing on the cake of life!

Now if I could just get the garage door opener to work...life would be complete.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is great man! those stupid garage door openers, LOL!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I've gone fly-fishing once, done on the river in Tennessee that the Olympic kayakers used when the Olympics were in Atlanta. It was frigid cold and I didn't have any waders. Didn't catch a thing, but got pretty good at casting. Good company with friends too. I've got to go fishing soon, but looking forward to golf on Monday.