Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Ohio River Barrier



I finally made it down the Little Miami all the way to the big river. It took me about 4 hours to paddle from Milford to the Four Season's marina just down from the inlet where the Little Miami meets the Ohio river.

It was slow going since the water levels are kind of low and those long stretches demanded constant paddling to keep a steady 4-5mph pace.

My next paddling goal is to head down the Ohio River from there to downtown Cincinnati...and eventually all the way to Louisville. But that will be a two-day trip at least I think.

I also got about a 25 mile bike ride in on Sunday afternoon. So my legs were dead from that and my shoulders and forearms are fried from paddling. But maybe I'm coming out of my fitness slump at last. We'll see how the next few days going. We're planning a little family tennis this evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!RAIN is this weekend. I need to force myself to train for that for next year. We'll see you for golf on the 23rd.

Erin said...

Jason actually just told me today about your canoe adventures in the Ohio. Maybe you could pop by one time to visit a confused and nervous wreck of a college student/neice at Hanover!