Saturday, July 22, 2006

Seasons of the Soul



Many of those seeking to be reconciled to and embraced by God have described their experiences with the metaphor of seasons. Whether or not we use the right metaphor, it does seem (now that I have a longer timeline to look back on) that we navigate various spiritual seasons along the way.

I suppose what is most interesting to me as I think about my current season, is that stepping away from a position of ministry and religious service may actually coincide with a spiritual awakening and rebirth. Although I'm stepping away from a great church with what I've learned to be a very healthy group of leaders and people...I feel as though I'm feeling some things begin to thaw deep within.

My passions are being redirected. I want to live well, rest well, play well. I want to enjoy the best years of my marriage and family. I want to thoroughly enjoy my beautiful daughters and see them enjoy life as well. I want to develop deep Kingdom-level relationships with a few and learn how to live with (rather than for) the resurrected Christ. Yeah...the landscape is definitely changing and Spring is in the air of my soul.

No comments: