Saturday, June 25, 2005

Cinderella Man

Deb and I just went to see Russell Crowe's latest story of inspiration directed by Ron Howard (go Opie!) It stirred up some things in me as a man. I think, as men, we long for our lovers/wives to re-speak our dreams back into us. When that doesn't happen...we lose a lot of confidence in who we are as men, providers, the proverbial knights in shining armor, etc, etc.

There was a scene in the movie in which Jim Braddock's wife, Mae, decided not to support him in his boxing journey. As she emotionally withdrew in that moment, I leaned over to Deb and whispered...that's as painful to him as sexual infedelity would be to her...or you! But the emotional and mental chasm between men and women remains unbridged. I could tell Deb didn't believe my analogy.

Marriage isn't easy!

1 comment:

James said...

Good thoughts Chris. As I continue this journey I constantly step back to make sure Kelly is walking with me, rather than being drug along, by me.
I am aware of her posture, her passoin, her presence. It is good to see you blogging again.