Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The Canoe

I have to say...this stage of life is quite good! Opportunities for reflection are now a daily rather than a weekly luxury. I've spent more time with my family in the past two weeks than they would probably even prefer...but it's a blessing indeed.

Jess and I just had a great adventure in our new canoe! That's right...I finally have a boat and it's going to be a great source of fun, memories, and adventures throughout the summer. But we were out on Hoover Reservoir yesterday when a nice little T-storm blew over. The wind was gusting, rain was pouring, and eventually some lightning forced us off the water. We were greeted at the shore by a cute little water snake and I finally got the canoe strapped back onto the car while getting drenched.

I find myself now living one day at a time...and enjoying each one. Thanks to the One who shares every good and perfect gift with us!

1 comment:

Mr. Bill said...

That sounds fantastic, storm and snake aside.