Friday, June 03, 2005

Cap & Gown Time!

In about 24 hours, I'll be able to tack a few letters to the end of my name. In 1993 I graduated from college and got the privilege to add "BA" to my name...which must have stood for Bad Attitude. I thought it would have been more appropriate to have gotten a "BS" since I "BS'ed" my way through a lot of papers! But now I get to add this little "M.Div" to my list of achievements. A buddy at Starbucks asked me yesterday, "So what are you going to do with this masters of divination?" I thought that was a humorous play on words. I wish I could "divine" a few things at the moment!

But don't worry...I don't claim any special "divinity" and I'm not going to ask anyone to call me "master." I'm not into titles right now...I'm into integrity. I'm not concerned with position...I'm more concerned about disposition. We don't make real progress in life with credentials...but with character.

But hey, if you want to see me and my educational community wearing some cool black robes and hats tomorrow...check out this link http://www.ashland.edu/seminary/alumni-grad.html

1 comment:

MaryAnn Mease said...

Congrats.
from one B.A. to another... (-: