Thursday, September 27, 2007

Here's a comment from my 'Science & Faith' post for those of you who might not read the comments. I think this is a good follow-up post on that topic.

We should definitely keep a higher view of Scripture than any other written, spoken, or blogged words of man.

But I'm not sure that Scripture is to be interpreted as evidence for a literal 6-day creation...or as evidence against evolution in any form.

I'm not sure that one has to claim the earth to be 6,000 years old or less to be orthodox.

Maybe it would be accurate to say that too many times, Christians speak with a sort of scientific sense of accuracy while disparaging a scientific method vs. faith approach to truth.

It is not mine to judge anyone a prude...so again I apologize for my careless words earlier.

No comments: