Saturday, June 02, 2007

Knock on the Head


Yeah...I took a little crack on the head today at a picnic we were hosting for some kids in the community. It was a scorcher of a day. Let it rain!

Anyway...I also nearly shaved my head...I'm working up the nerve to be a skinhead.

The other big news is that I've switched to Mac. Yep, I'm loving it so far. The integration of applications on the mac is very functional. One of the major motivations for the switch was for video editing and graphics design applications. Most of my friends who are messing around in those areas are using macs and highly recommending them.

Starbucks has become a pretty frustrating place to be this week. The new store is much slower than I'm used to...but the difficulty is just in learning yet another set of tribal practices. I've worked in 8 different cafes now and they all have a slightly different personality and philosophy on maintaining standards. So each time I walk into a store and find these weird things going on...I become the boat-rocking Star geek.

We'll see how it goes this week I suppose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there bro and next time DUCK! See if you can get an earlier flight back Friday night for the Red's game. I'm already missing the F1 race in Indy that weekend for the first time in 6 years. So, you'd better show up for the ball game. No pressure!