Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Waiting Well

I don't...wait well, that is.

Christmas day and all its festivities, traveling, gift-sharing, and family reunions has come and gone. We had a great time spending Christmas with both sides of the family this year. The day began in Cincinnati and ended near Indianapolis.

I'm still waiting for one final present...which I hope to be an offer to manage my own store for Starbucks. I received a call this morning with some very promising words...but until the final offer is on the table, I won't be able to rest mentally. If this opportunity arises, it will be about six months ahead of schedule from what I previously anticipated. That is great news for us financially as well as in other ways (scheduling, mental angst, supervisor frustration, etc).

Another opportunity has come along for me to lend a hand with some music and worship efforts at the church we're attending here in Cincinnati (Lifespring). Although my journey still consists of some unresolved questions about ministry and the church, I sense that God is inviting us to develop some relationships and lead by example in this new congregation. I would hope to see this expression of church and community conform closely to a Scriptural model of mission and grace.

I've had to put the personal training on hold for now. I trained one client at Fitworks in Newport before the new Starbucks opportunity materialized. If I have to wait a few months and just do personal training as an occasionaly hobby...that's fine. It will give me a little more time to learn the trade.

1 comment:

Scott Porter said...

Chris first off thanks for the card! it was great to hear from you.
I will join you in prayer for the job situation and all things that surround that decision.
It is great to hear that you are heading back into relationships at church with people and helping with your talents that may help others being ushered into worship with God.

Tell the family we send our love and hope the new year brings many blessings.