Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Perception

I find it kind of interesting that our perception of time can vary so greatly depending on our circumstances. For instance...I have had some weeks recently that seemed to fly by. Whether it was the level of satisfaction I experienced on the job, at home, in spending time with people, etc...from the start of the week on Monday (I know some people think of Sunday as the first day of the week...but my mind just doesn't break it down that way) to the middle of my day-off on Friday...I would just about swear that only 2 or 3 days worth of time had registered mentally. Other times (like this week), from 8am Monday until this moment (Wednesday evening at about 8:45pm) seemed to take about 8 days worth of energy and time. Sheesh! I just think it might be an interesting study for someone to write a doctoral dissertation about. So keep that in mind for those pursuing their Ph.D. anytime soon.
I guess it's been a long week because of some difficult conversations and some intensely stressful personal situations. When your emotions are fully engaged...the battery drains much more quickly. Fortunately, I've been able to spend some time with one who has endured much more than I ever will in this arena of emotion and psychological strain. The Gethsemane scene from the Passion of the Christ comes to mind. I'm reminded all I need is a little time in a "green pasture" or near some "quiet waters." Anybody know the way to one of those?

3 comments:

James said...

Chris. I hope we can talk soon. I was a part of some encouraging conversations this week, that I feel would give you a charge for your batteries. I know that the Lord orchestrated the convos to give me a boost. Unfortunately, the demands of ministry life will have me running wild the next week, but hopefully we can catch up.
Also. I would type green pasture into mapquest, I am sure something will come up. :-) Peace Brother.

Brandon Sipes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brandon Sipes said...

Springfield has some nice green pastures.

821 E Home rd, springfield OH 45503

There's room for the whole family.

Oh, and you should come with me to the conference listed here: www.cacradicalgrace.org