Saturday, November 19, 2005

Blogesthesia

I find myself anestetized and somewhat cynical as I read blogs and determine whether or not there's anything substantive for me to say today. That little piece of information will explain the infrequency of my posts and comments of late. It is very unfortunate since I am currently immersed in a few personal and ministerial struggles. These predicaments are quite unrelated, but I think we all know how emotional stress, physical fatigue, and spiritual dismay can overlap and compound one another.

One of the problems I am all too aware of is my need to unplug from the matrix of ministry for a few days and retreat. So weather permitting (or not permitting) I plan to lightly load the Gregory pack and take off on a few trails for a couple of days next week. Just the thought of the experience and anticipated solitude brings a surge of endorphins to my system. Hopefully I will have something worth sharing soon.

For those who would...please pray for a personal matter which is crushing us in several ways. We desperately need our house in Columbus to sell or for some amicable financial solution to present itself. Thank you!

No comments: