Thursday, June 19, 2008

Shack Reaction

If bloggers, theologians, bible-mongers, and other self-appointed spiritual police put as much effort into living like Jesus as they did in protecting their 'right view' of Jesus and the Scriptures...we might actually have a version of Christianity which would bring hope to the world.

I'm responding to a recent comment which was added to one of my previous posts concerning William P. Young's book, The Shack. I certainly don't mind reading a variety of perspectives on that topic and wish to be cautious in my own support of such things. But there's still just something that bristles in me when I hear raw religious rhetoric of this sort.

Although the picture of God in Young's book is more reminiscent of the 'oracle' from the Matrix than the Father Jesus often refers to in Scripture...I don't see the need to place this work in the same category as a new age catechism or some other 'anti-Christian' publication.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

chris

that is funny that you mentioned the oracle. i had the same thought when i read the book the first time (and as i am reading it the second time). i even got a question to the author about if he had any inpiration from neo's interaction with the oracle. he said "not that he knew of", but that he is a big fan of the first movie.

later bro,
rob