Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Buckeye Science Guy

I'm looking forward to dazzling some third graders with some of the science I learned back in my previous life of empirical and experimental pursuits. As I left for college, I had my sights set on double majoring in Chemistry and Physics with an initial career goal of chemical engineering and an eventual goal of teaching high school chemistry and physics.



And this guy (along with Mr. Wizard) was one of my idols!

But as divine providence would have it, I changed majors and have given my life to a much less empirical effort of teaching, discipling, and inspiring.

But my lab coat has arrived and in about a week I'll begin my corny appearance in my daughter's class as some kind of crazy science dude to jazz up a bunch of third graders about science and share some cool hands-on experiments and demonstrations.

Any suggestions on a good "stage name" for me? I thought of covering my lab coat with Ohio State logos and images and becoming the Buckeye Science Guy. Too much 'cheese?'

No comments: