Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Bumper Deer



Yeah...it's a new game being played in various parts of Cincinnati and Clermont County. I scored 1,000 points Sunday night by just BARELY hitting a deer with my Ford Focus. I think you actually do score more points if you don't really injure the deer.

I rounded a corner and saw the deer ambling out to the center of my lane. As I NEARLY came to a complete and controlled stop, the deer looked up just in time to get bumped about ten feet down the road. He (about a 6 point buck from what I could tell) rolled over once and then scrambled back to his feet hopping off into the darkness.

The only evidence left on my the flexible fiberglass front of my Ford Focus was a tiny tuft of fur lodged between the license plate and mud guard.

In all honestly, I'd rather not play that game anymore.

No comments: