Saturday, January 22, 2005

The Road Less Traveled By

The Road Less Traveled By

I got to see an old friend from college tonight who turned out to be a real encouragement to me. I love how the journey unfolds! The two of us are pursuing a different context within which to minister to others, but have both started from similar points. Let me clarify what I mean by "ministering to others" since some have probably accused both of us of "leaving the ministry."

As someone who is a “God-Follower,” my ultimate journey is to continually position myself to get closer to God...through a relationship with Jesus Christ...and by the transforming power of the Spirit, to daily impact the lives of others with the awareness of that journey. That statement is perhaps oversimplified and incomplete, but sufficient for this discussion.

Now...I want to tie in the image of this Volcano in Ecuador, Cotopaxi. I see some interesting symbolism in my Cotopaxi adventure in Ecuador. But before I go on...I want to reflect a bit more. I’ll get back to you when my thoughts begin to emerge a little more fully. Anyone else ever hiked up a volcano??

No comments: