Saturday, January 03, 2009

P90X Progress

Whenever you're kicking off some kind of fitness routine or plan, the first few days are extremely important. I find that once I get 3-5 days under my belt the desire to keep the streak going keeps increasing.

Then comes the nutrition challenge. Not everyone mentally responds to this change of diet in the same way. For me, once I've gotten into the routine of working out 5-6 days/week...my tendency to jeopardize the progress by eating garbage gradually decreases.

Unfortunately, typical emotional responses to the lack of physical health and motivation only lead to worse nutritional choices. Whenever I'm not working out, taking care of my body, and also engaged in regular spiritual disciplines...my eating habits are horrible.

When I tried this P90X challenge back in August of 2008, we took a family vacation to the lake during the third week and in spite of my good intentions...it kept me from getting real traction and a routine established early on. Then as I got heavy into the marathon training for October...I overdid it and injured both Achilles tendons.

With the boost of being 99% healthy (once you get tendonitis in the Achilles...they never completely recover) and the added incentive of "new year" energy...I suspect there's a good chance I could finally reach my goal of peak physical conditioning by the time I turn 38 in March. :-)

No comments: